Monday, August 26, 2013

Chapter Sixteen: Change of heart



Gina had made her way back to her hotel and decided to relax before she met up with Joshua. She was laying down on the cheap bed when her phone vibrated beside her. She picked it up and put the phone up to her ear.
"Yeah?" She answered.
"I've been trying to call you all day!" Ria screamed. Gina pulled the phone away from her ear for a moment. When she returned it, she said "Calm down I had to get a prepaid phone. My cell's at home."
"Oh." Ria replied flatly.
"Well any luck yet?" Ria inquired. Gina wanted to tell her yes and give her all the details, but her mind changed at the last second. Could she really trust Ria with the information she had? Who was to say she wouldn't try to sell the story herself, or worse rat her out. No Gina had already failed the first time and wouldn't accept failure again.
"Not yet. But the day's young so we'll see what I can find out." She replied smoothly.
"Keep me in the loop ok? I gotta go my lunch break is over." Ria said and hung up.
Yeah right. Gina thought to herself.  Gina continued to lounge around and think over her plan when she got a text from Joshua. He told her they'd be going to a bar instead and sent her directions. She called her taxi and began to get ready.



She opted for a black and gold skater dress and heels. After she changed, she touched up her makeup and put on her favorite perfume. 


"This hairstyle won't do." She said as she looked herself over in front of the mirror.


"Much better." Gina said quietly to her reflection. She inspected her hair once more before she went outside to get in the awaiting taxi.


She arrived earlier than she thought she would and waited for Joshua behind the front doors. Thankfully, her wait wasn't too long. She watched Joshua exit his car and come up the stairs to meet her.
"Took you long enough." She joked.
"Well you can't rush perfection." He joked backed. Gina rolled her eyes playfully. It was like they were kids again. As they got older and grew apart, Gina had forgotten how close they were. And a small part of her begin to regret what she had done and what she was plotting to do.
"So why did you pick this joint?" She asked coming back to reality. Joshua shrugged.
"It's not well-known and that means it's usually not packed." He replied.
"And why bring me to an empty place?" Gina asked.
"The less people around, the better." He answered and entered the bar. Gina followed suit.


Joshua ordered a drink from the bartender as Gina came up to him.
"You weren't kidding, this place is dead." Gina remarked as she spotted only two or three other people populating the bar.
"Did I ruin your perfect image of Starlight shores for you?" Joshua asked as he took a sip of his drink.
"Very funny. If I didn't know better I'd say you were taking me to a crappy place on purpose." Gina said. Joshua shook his head.
"In case you're oblivious to the news, I'm trying to keep a low key." He explained.
"How come?" Gina asked. Joshua didn't answer her. Instead he finished off his drink and went to sit at a table nearby.


"Joshua what's up?" Gina asked with genuine concern. She may have been on a mission to disturb Joshua's life for her own personal gain, but he was family and she cared. Joshua looked away and rubbed his neck.
"Gina you picked the wrong time to visit." Joshua spoke at last.
"Why?" Gina asked. Asking was pointless when she knew the answer.
"My life just isn't the best right now and I'm not much in the mood for entertaining family." He said.
"Well tough shit Josh. We all have problems in life." Gina said trying to shake him out of his slumber. Was it the alcohol? or Was he really feeling this way? Gina pondered over her thoughts. They hadn't talked in the last six years, not since he left for college and moved to Starlight Shores for good. She had tried to reach out to him, but it seemed as though he always had an excuse. She assumed he thought he was too good for his family, but maybe she had been wrong. Joshua was only trying to make a better life for himself, and that wasn't a crime. She had spent most of her time resenting him so when the opportunity came to get exposure she jumped at it and because it was at his expense, it made it even better for her. Gina didn't really realize the consequences of her actions until now. Joshua had lost everything and for what? Nothing. She didn't even get her interview and who's to say she would get one now? Sure she had juicy information, but it concerned two non-celebrities. Without them being together, Miranda wasn't connected and without Miranda, the chance of fame was a long shot. Gina wanted to continue down guilt lane, but if she remained silent any longer Joshua might start asking her questions.
"Sorry. You can talk to me Joshua." She offered. Joshua sighed. He wondered if he should trust her or not. After all the last time he had opened up, it didn't turn out so great. His confiding in her father turned out to be more trouble than anything.
"Gina my life isn't as perfect as you may think." Joshua replied.
"Yeah you broke up with Miranda, so what? Relationships fail Josh." Gina said. She didn't want to sound so harsh, but she had to play along.
"It's not just that. Yeah I lost Miranda, and that hurts like hell, but I also lost my job." He said.
"What?" Gina asked confused. "How did that happen?"
"Well because of my sudden popularity, the paparazzi starting showing up at my job. My boss didn't like that. I mean Scientist like peace and quiet. How can they come up with life changing cures when people are constantly snapping pictures and trying to pry into everything?" Joshua explained.
"Damn." Gina said. If she hadn't felt guilty before, she sure did now. Joshua was heart broken, unemployed and had a kid on the way. It was at that moment she decided she was going back home. She couldn't bring herself to cause Joshua anymore pain. And maybe one day, she'd even confess.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. So Gina does have a conscience. I wonder if it'll last or if she'll change her mind in the morning again.

    I have a cousin like that. We weren't really close, but every time I make an effort to reach out I get nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Gina was sincere this time. She didn't realize the damage she'd done until she really saw for herself. Sorry about your cousin, sadly I have a couple of people like that in my own family too. I think sometimes we give our families too any chances just because we share a blood line. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love her hair. I think I may have that hair (I have dl so many new hairs lately) is that from Iggysauraus? Great chap, I am glad to see Gina did a turn-around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from a thread on TS3 website for ethnic hair. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/666485.page I went to it to find the one I have, but the link won't work :( I looked on the site you named, this one is close but not it: http://simmingwithsirens.tumblr.com/post/55603991952/okay-so-i-told-sumieisimblr-iggysaurus-rex-last

      here's another alternative to it: http://differentstrokess.tumblr.com/post/63844049072/anndd-here-it-is-im-not-100-happy-with-it-but

      Thank you. Gina found her heart and realized fame wasn't worth causing her cousin anymore damage.

      Delete