Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chapter Two: The truth

Miranda was on her way back home when she realized she had a show to perform. She called her limo driver to tell her to pick her up at the beach instead of her home.
Driver: "Good evening Ms. Griffin." After Miranda had changed back into her clothing she rolled down the window.

Miranda: "Hello Alice. How are you?" She replied back. The two continued their small talk until Miranda had reached the coffeehouse. The place where she got her first break. Sure it wasn't a big venue or a live concert but how could she forget this place? She owed her career to it. She bid Alice goodbye and quickly freshened up and changed for her performance. Once on stage she took a sip of water and gathered herself before she began to sing.
 
She then grabbed the mic and began to sing. She let go of the memories of her mother and the lies she had told earlier. All that mattered right now was her, the stage and her audience. 
Miranda looked out to the crowd and saw Joshua and Mimi watching her. Despite the lies and weirdness of this morning they still wanted to support her. And it made her heart swell with happiness. 
After Miranda closed the show she headed home. She came home to find Joshua sitting on the sofa. She sat down next to him.
Joshua: "Hey babe you rocked the show tonight." He said.
Miranda: "Thank you honey. That means a lot coming from you." She said. 
Joshua: "You know you're good rather I say it or not, Why don't you come closer? I missed you." He said and ushered for her to cuddle with him.
 
Miranda: "I'm sorry about earlier I know I was acting a little odd." She confessed.
Joshua: "Yeah, do you want to talk about  her, -I mean it?" He said.
Miranda: "Yes I do. I haven't thought much about my guests simply because I have very few to invite..I don't have much family all I had was my mom." She began, "But she was killed in a car crash when I was 12." She finished.
Joshua: "I'm so sorry why didn't you tell me?" He asked.
Miranda: "I don't know it's hard for me you know? I miss her so much and it hurts just to think about it. I never got to say goodbye, we didn't even have a proper funeral since she was injured so badly." She explained. Joshua gently hugged her.
Joshua: "Hey it's okay, he said, she's in a better place and you don't have to say anymore if you don't want to okay?" He said. She nodded and hug him back.
Miranda: "Thank you so much for understanding. I love you." 




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad she spoke to Joshua and told him everything. It's sad that she couldn't even give her mother a proper burial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that really is awful. It would have really helped her find some closure if she could have said goodbye properly. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for her. She told him. :) Now maybe she can move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad she told him too. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete