Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chapter Thirty: January 3rd

Warning: Adult situations & Nudity ahead. 18+ readers only or read at your own discretion! 


I reached over to shut my alarm clock off before rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes. I sighed and sat up in bed. It was January 3rd, aka my birthday. The day I came into the world. And one of the few days my mother had held me in her arms. That last thought caused my heart to drop slightly. I hadn't really gave Skylar much thought since I left Riverview. However, I did keep in contact with Timothy and TJ.


I walked the few feet to my bathroom and washed my face. I stopped for a moment to look in the mirror.
"Happy 22nd birthday Miranda." I said to myself. Twenty-two. I'm twenty-two years old. I should be happy about it, and I was yet I still felt like something was missing. Something, someone I don't know but I tried to shake the thoughts away and enjoy my birthday.

_________________________________________________________________________________



I slipped on some clothes and made my way to the Art Gallery. Few people knew it, but I enjoyed painting in my down time. So whenever I could I would frequent the Gallery, preferably when it was least busy. Thankfully it was practically empty when I arrived.




I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. My peaceful moment was interrupted by the leeches, the paparazzi. It was only one, but still I didn't appreciate my private moment being intruded upon. I stifled a loud sigh and decided it was time to go home.
"Ms. Griffin Happy Birthday." He said.
"Thank you." I said trying to make my way down their stairs.
"Do you have any plans for tonight? Big party? Dinner?" He hounded. Question after question was thrown at me butI managed to keep calm.
"Sorry I have to get going." I replied and hurried out of the building.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Later in the day when the sun was starting to set, Toby paid Miranda a visit. He had heard from Jaq' that today was Miranda's birthday and wanted to see her. They hadn't seen one another since their kiss, but it was due to their schedules. He was busy trying to book gigs as a new model in Starlight shores and Miranda was working on her album. How perfect the timing was for them to both be free on her birthday. He lightly tapped on the door and waited for her to answer.


Miranda was awaken from her nap by a knock at the door. When she left the Art Gallery, she decided to just stay in. She wasn't up to going out and celebrating so she found herself back in her PJ's and sleeping.


Miranda looked out the window near the door and saw it was Toby. She called out for him to let himself in since she had left it open by mistake.
"Hey" He said and gave her a wave.
"Hey Toby." She said and let out a small yawn.


"Happy Birthday." He said and pulled her into a hug. She welcomed his embrace and thanked him. Miranda was kind of worried about the kiss they shared. She didn't want to complicate their friendship and feel awkward around him, but thankfully it was still the same.
"How did you know?" She asked.
"Jaq' told me. And why are you still in your pajamas?" He inquired as he glanced at her attire. Miranda shrugged shyly.
"It's just another day." She answered.
"No it's your birthday! You need to celebrate it." He insisted. Miranda shook her head.
"It's just another day." She repeated.



"So you're stuck on staying in?" He asked.
"Pretty much." Miranda stated.
"Hmm." Toby pondered for a moment. "Okay, we can celebrate here then." He said.
"And do what?" Miranda asked. He said smiled and motioned for her to sit down.


Miranda shot him a puzzling look but did as he instructed. She sat down and waited for him to make his plans known.


Miranda watched Toby as he walked over to the radio on the coffee table and switched it on. He pulled his cell phone out and connected the two via Bluetooth. Once synced, he scrolled down and picked a song of his choice and began to sway his hips. I wasn't sure rather to laugh or just watch. He continued to dance along to "Sexy and I know it" by LMFAO.
"Toby?" I asked but he didn't reply he just kept dancing. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was giving me a private show.




After a few seconds, he turned around and winked at me. I couldn't help but smile at him. I even waved my hands to the music. He reached for me and pulled me onto my feet. Soon we were both dancing together in my living room.


Before I knew it, I was in Toby's arms and we shared our second kiss. I probably should have pulled away. I still didn't want things to go beyond the point of no return. And I didn't want to get his or my hopes up. I wasn't ready for another relationship. But I had to admit being in his arms felt good, almost as good as his lips on mine.


So drawing the line and keeping boundaries must have flew out the window. Things got heated between us, quick. We had fell back onto the sofa and Toby was planting kisses on my neck. At first I wanted to push him away, but I just couldn't or I didn't want to. No, I didn't want to. I would probably never admit it if asked, but it felt nice to be touched and kissed. And Toby was so gentle and loving. And it just felt right.


In between kisses, Toby paused to ask where my bedroom was. I mumbled something and pointed behind us. He understood it enough to scooped me up in his arms.


Our clothes practically fell off our bodies. Toby exhibited his strength and lifted me up and I willingly wrapped my legs around his waist. Toby had slid his tongue into my mouth and I accepted it. I held onto his neck and he softly caressed my body before laying me down.




When it was all said and done, Toby held me in his arms until sleep overcame us. We hadn't actually gone all the way and had sex, but let's just say Toby gave me the best birthday present ever. Still, before I completely drifted off to sleep land I couldn't help but wonder where this left us. Did this count as being friends with benefits? Did I want that or did I want more? It was too much to consider and I was too tired so I pushed it away and went to sleep.

**So I should clear up some things, Miranda did move. And Toby's plan was to give her a little dance, I wanted it to be a strip show but I couldn't find the poses for men and this seemed better and I was able to include Miranda. Neither of them intended for things to go as far as it did, it just sorta happened :) And sorry if I jump around too much between Josh/Mimi and Miranda but everything will be closed up in the end.

4 comments:

  1. No entiendo. What is this 'end' of which you speak?

    Sorry it's taken me so long to read and comment! I was ultra-distracted with my book release, and now that that's out of the way, I'm playing catchup. :)

    I LOVED Toby's dance. At first, I thought it was going to be a strip tease as well. Too bad it wasn't. Hm... good pose idea there. :P A bit late, but if there's a need, maybe I can take care of that.

    I think he's more into her than she him. That, and probably she's still getting over what that Joshua did to her. Trust is hard to relearn for many people, and I hope that Toby doesn't crowd her and lets her go her speed. That's not easy to do if he's crazy about her. Notice I'm not saying the "L" word. Not yet. ;) I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a pose like that. I should have asked before this lol. I understand real life comes first, I'm just grateful you want to read and comment on my story. I can see why you think that, but the thing is Miranda has her guard up so she isn't as open about her feelings now as Toby is. Sadly that is so true, I still struggle with trust issues myself. Lol I noticed. Toby isn't crazy enough to drop the L word. He know's she's in a fragile place and doesn't want to scare her off. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Great update (sorry I takes me forever to comment, I have so much stuff going on) I love your story though, great character strength. Nice to see Miranda got a lil' somethin' somethin' she didn't have to give him the whole cookie for it to still be fun! Glad she held back a little. It's tough jumping from one relationship to another, feelings get all involved, confusion, etc. They make a cute couple too. I don't think you jump around too much, it falls in line and to me its clear when you go from one POV to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about that, I understand you're going through a lot right now. That's exactly why Miranda is reluctant because she's been hurt before. And she doesn't want to re-open her heart only to have it broken again. But if she's going to date again, Toby would be first pick. They do, don't they? I get so happy when I have them together lol. Thank you. I didn't want it to seem confusing going between Mimi/Joshua to Miranda and back all over again. Thanks for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it.

      Delete