Friday, May 10, 2013

Chapter Four: The Reveal

Six weeks had passed since Joshua and Mimi's affair. Over those six weeks, Mimi could no longer bear the guilt and moved out. She wanted to tell her best friend, but she did not want to break her heart. Joshua also wanted to tell his fiance but feared he'd lose her, so he kept the secret. Miranda was more confused than ever. Joshua was always quiet around the house. And the person she thought was like a sister to her had up and left with no notice whatsoever. Of course Miranda assumed she was the blame for all of this. If she hadn't been so distracted with tours, interviews and concerts she'd be at home more and could give Joshua the time and love he deserved. If she had been there for her friend, then she probably wouldn't have moved out. She attempted to find out what was wrong with Joshua but he insisted it was stress from work, she wanted to press the topic but decided not to.

Currently..
Joshua had vowed he would not tell Miranda about his brief moment of weakness. He thought a little weight was lifted off his shoulders when Mimi move away, but he still felt on edge. They hadn't spoken since their night of passion and had no idea where her head was. He feared she'd come back and tell Miranda everything. Every day he breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't show up. He also thought Miranda had gotten suspicious when she always asked what was wrong, he had to get better at hiding his emotions. He needed to talk to someone so he call his friend, Matt, and invited him over. The door bell had rung and Joshua let Matt in. Matt sat down and Joshua joined him.

Matt: "Dude you look like you're bugging out. Is that why you called?" He asked. Was it that obvious? Joshua thought.
Joshua: "I screwed up Matt. Bad." He answered. Joshua gave him a run-down of what happened weeks ago.

Matt: "You're joking right?" Matt asked once he was done.
Joshua: "I wish I were." He replied. Matt nodded.
Matt: "You really cheated on Miranda with that? I mean she's alright but Miranda is hot." Matt said. Joshua gave him a warning look. He knew he messed up but that didn't mean he could make comments about his fiance freely. Matt mumbled an apology.
Matt: "So are you going to tell her?" He inquired.
Joshua: "No. I love her and I just can't break her heart. I already did enough damage." He answered.
Matt: "This is going to blow up in your face if you don't tell her. Do it before Mimi does." He warned. Joshua agreed with him, but he still had no plans to tell her. As far as he was concerned, he was taking this secret to his grave. He just prayed Mimi and Matt would as well.

Later that day..
Joshua had left for work and Miranda came home to an empty house. She was just about to call Mimi for the 1000th time, when she heard her phone vibrate. She hoped it was her, but her heart dropped when she it wasn't her. It was the man who offered her his services a couple weeks back. He had already told her he had found some information about her mother. Where she had grew up, her hometown,etc. But not real facts, no useful ones anyways.
 Miranda: "Hello?" She answered.
Stranger: "Hello Miranda. I think you're going to like what I have to say today." He said. Her heart seem to lift back up at the sound of that.
Miranda: "Really?" She said, her voice filled with hope.
Stranger: "Yes." He nodded to himself. "I found information on your father this time, his name is Timothy Griffin." He started.
Miranda: "No that can't be right, my father's name was Alex. My mom at least told me that." She said shaking her head.
Stranger: "I thought you would say that. I remembered you telling me that so I looked him up too. Alex Carter is currently serving 40 years in prison." He said.
Miranda: "What?!" You're telling me my dad is in prison?" She yelled.
Stranger: "No. Alex is, Timothy currently resides in Riverview with his wife, Skylar Griffin, and his son, ." He replied.
Miranda: "My mother wouldn't lie to me." She insisted. "Alex is my father."
Stranger: "Miranda I find people for a living. I thought you agreed to trust me." He said. She remained silent and he continued. "Alex is serving time for attempted murder if you wanted to know. I also found out another interesting fact." He said.
Miranda: "Which is?" She asked.
Stranger: "Well I looked up Skylar, she has a restraining order against Alex. She is also his ex-wife." He said.
Miranda: "This sounds like a crock of shit Sir, really that doesn't make any sense." Miranda said, irritated. Did this guy think she was a fool?
Stranger: "Oh no it makes perfect sense Hon. Skylar is the reason he's behind bars. He made an attempt to take her life. I don't know all the details of how it played out. That is where you came in. I found Timothy and Skylar's address, if you want more answers you're going to have to get them yourself." He explained. Miranda's head began spinning. Where did her mom fit in all of this? He hadn't mentioned her once and why did this sound like an awful soap opera?

Miranda: "Wait, why didn't you mention my mom?" She asked.
Stranger: "Ah I forgot that detail. You see Miranda, she wasn't your mom. She only raised you." He replied, "I'm also afraid I must go. I'll fax you the hard copies of everything I found along with the address. Good luck." He said and hung up. Miranda stared ahead and listened to the phone call drop. She was speechless. Seconds later she let the phone fall and all she could think of was she just found out she was adopted.

*Sorry for the lack of pictures, thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Joshua does not realize by keeping this secrete, I have an odd feeling that this will put a wedge in their relationship. If she does find out about it later, from anyone else but Joshua....... Well just say I was in a similar situation a few years back, and the only thing that saved my own marriage was two things. The first being that he did not hide it from me, and second, he did not wait very long before he did tell me. It ate him up with what he did. Yes it was a tough, long road back to where we are now. The only difference is that Miranda is not yet married to him, so I can really see his dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if their situation brought back bad memories for you. I'm glad you and your husband worked through it though. I agree he should tell her before it's too late, but we'll see what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt's guilt serves him right. He can't fool around and expect there to be no consequences. But yes, the longer he leaves it, the worse it will be when Miranda learns the truth.

    Her past sounds so complicated. I get her desire to want to know the truth, but sometimes some things are best left alone, and as a celebrity does she really want to get mixed up in all this shady business.

    The stranger, I hope he's only interested in Miranda professionally. For some reason I don't like him, he seems too helpful. Too nice. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Joshua is being unreasonable thinking he could cheat and forget it. Unfortunately Miranda does have a very complicated past, it'll be revealed a bit later. And you're right again it is probably best that she leaves it alone but we'll see what she does. Lol the stranger is creepy but he means well I promise! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you bet your tiny little booty you'd lose her if you told her, Josh!

    Yes, that does sound like a soap opera. I'm rather upset the guy let it stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol but she really should know before they jump the broom. And yes it's so much drama going on and Miranda doesn't even have the full story yet! Right up Soap-Opera ally :P Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete