Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chapter Ten: Exposed

Miranda's POV

As I watched Joshua pack his things and load them into his car, it felt like an out-of-body experience. I saw everything, but at the same time it was all a blur. It felt so unreal. The whole process took about an hour considering we weren't in our new home that long and he didn't fully unpack everything. As he put the last box in his trunk he glanced back with sadness and regret in his eyes. I watched from the front door and shut it shortly afterwards.


"This was not suppose to be my life!" I cried as a banged on the door. I was so sick of my roller coaster life. The ups and downs, the happiness and the the heart break. It was becoming too much for me to take. Shortly after I finished my breakdown at the door. I made my way to my bookcase and grabbed my photo albums off the shelf. I flipped through page after page. Starting with the most recent, Pictures of Joshua and I at our engagement party. We were so happy, I was so happy then. I quickly bypassed the pictures of me and Mimi. Her and Joshua were equally to blame, but he had the balls to face me unlike her. After I shoved that album aside I picked up one I hadn't seen in forever. It was my mom's old album. I opened it at last and the first thing I noticed was a picture of me and her when I was about 5 years old. I smiled sadly as I looked at us. I was wearing a hideous Christmas sweater and sitting on Santa's lap while she was standing beside me. I smiled a bit. Then reality hit.


"Oh mom, why can't you be here?" I cried to myself. I rarely thought of her because it brought back too many painful memories. But what else could go wrong now? Sure I was a well-known singer and I guess I "made it" but what's the point when I have no one to share it with? No family, no partner, no friends..hell I could count my friends with one finger, Jaq', and that's just sad. My crying increased as I allowed myself to process everything. My mom's death and the feelings I felt surrounding it. Sadness, abandonment, anger. Then I thought back to my first serious relationship with Mithun, the first guy I really loved. I should have known better to fall for someone in the industry, especially an athlete and I should never have given my virginity to him. And Mimi..she was my first friend here! She seemed so nice and genuine, I guess I was wrong. And Joshua. The sweet kinda nerdy guy who loved computers and had a huge desire to make it big in the world of Science. We had met at the gym and kept bumping into each other there. Soon we started going out for coffee, and then we really started dating. It was hard at first with my unwillingness to fully let him in, but I let my walls down for him. And now because of his betrayal they were probably up permanently. I continued to process all the tragic things in my life and cry at the same time. I cried harder than I ever had before. I began to shake from crying and small hiccups escaped from my throat.
"This isn't my life!" I screamed out to no one.
"I deserve to be happy. I deserved to be loved!" I continued.

Jaq's POV

I had just walked into my living room and found the TV on. I didn't watch much television so I was about to turn it off when something caught my attention.


Reporter: "And in recent news, sources are saying Sky's relationship with Joshua Thomas has hit a snag. The usually private singer has been spotted without her engagement ring and refuses to open up about her wedding plans."

"What the fuck?" I thought as I processed what I heard. I took a moment to think about Miranda and if I remembered her wearing her ring or not. I didn't remember seeing it on her finger at her last performance actually, but that didn't mean anything right?"
"Reporters aren't shit." I said to myself. They were constantly prying themselves in people's privates life and it  was sick. Just because someone was famous didn't mean their lives had to be under a microscope.


A picture of Miranda and I popped up shortly. I hoped they weren't insinuating anything with it, it was no harm for a manager to meet with his client.

"The source who provided us with the information won't be disclosed at this time, but she will meet us for a exclusive interview later this week. So sit back folks and wait for more news to come." The reported closed.

I shook my head just processing this. This had to be complete BS. Surely I would have noticed a change in her if she was battling all this.
"She did take a small break..." I started as I thought about it. "No no. It's not true. She was just tired or something." I excused. Annoyed and fed up with what I just watched and heard I headed to my bathroom to shower and change. I would find out from Miranda herself instead of some asshole behind a camera.




I hopped in my truck and sped to her house. I prayed that she hadn't heard anything about this. I also prayed that this wasn't true. On the way I also called Emily, her publicist, to tell her to get on top of this story ASAP.

Miranda's POV

I had somehow managed to fall asleep on my floor. I woke up and looked out my window. I couldn't believe what I saw. What was Jaq' doing here? I didn't want to see anyone today. Before I could rush upstairs and pretend I wasn't home he spotted me and pointed to the door. I suppressed the urge to scream and went to let him in.





Before I could ask what he wanted, he began to talk. And what he said took me by surprise. I expected it to be something work related, but instead what he said made my heart drop all over again. Not only did everyone now know about my failed engagement and relationship but someone was doing an interview about it.
"Who?" I asked once he finished. He said he didn't know and that the source wasn't given publicly. But he assured me Emily would be on it and soon. I nodded although it didn't matter what she did now. The damage as done and she couldn't erase it.
"Let me get dressed and meet me out back." I told him. He agreed as I headed for my bathroom to change my attire.

When I was done I found him sitting on the stairs looking like a scared 7 year old. I smiled at him before I sat down.


"So it's all true isn't it?" He asked once I sat down. I nodded my head.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. I shrugged at first, but he gave me a look that let me know I wasn't getting away from this conversation. And it was rightfully so, I should have told him.
"I..was scared I guess and embarrassed. And in denial just a little." I confessed. He gave me a sympathetic nod.
"Still you can tell me anything." He said.
"I know Jaq' it's just a lot you know? I'm sorry." I said.
"It's okay. I really don't blame you I would have done the same thing probably. But hopefully you'll be more trusting of me now." He replied.
"Is that what you think? That I don't trust you? We'll you're wrong! I do trust you Jaq' and this has nothing to do with rather I trust you or not." I said defensively. He sighed and said nothing. No longer wanting to sit next to him, I walked towards the pool.



"I'm sorry" Came the voice behind me. I could tell he was walking towards me. I shrugged it off.
"So how long do you think we have before the leeches come out?" I asked.
"Leeches?" He asked out of confusion. I laughed for a second.
"Yes the paparazzi, they suck you dry just to make headlines." I replied with a shake of my head.
"Oh" He stated. "I wish I knew."

Before I had time to react, Jaq' had approached me and spun me around. He pulled me closer to him and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.
"It'll all be okay." He promised. I allowed him to comfort me and wrapped my arms around him in return. Although earlier I wanted to wallow in misery and throw myself a pity party, I was now glad he was here.


"Thank you" I replied gratefully.
"No problem." He said.

*Side note Miranda has been tattoo-less recently. During the photo shoot the makeup artist "covered" it up and I forgot to replace it, but it's back now! (In case anyone noticed)

4 comments:

  1. I can just imagine some rat paparazzi sitting in some bush nearby with the camera at the ready. Ick!

    Poor Miranda. She feels all alone 'cept for Jaq. I hope he stays a good friend to her.

    I wonder what's gonna happen, if anything, with mr hotness from the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paparazzi are just the worst aren't they? I hope Jaq' remains loyal to her as well I don't think she could take another person causing her harm right now. And as for Toby, he'll be back :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Don't sweat the small stuff (i.e. the tattoo) I didn't even notice it was missing, I was so lost in the update. I really hope Jaq can help Miranda through this breakup. She could really use a friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it wasn't a big deal lol. And Jaq' will try his best to support Miranda during this tough time in her life. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete